Car boot lock

Why should the springs make a difference to the lock, I think its just coincidence.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, I saw that so did not add to it. I think it was the actual typo that mattered, if it had ben ED 40, it would not have mattered.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is being serviced and MOT on Friday, I shall report back. Thanks to all that replied.

Mr Pounder

Rear seats pushed forward, boot cover removed. I was looking at a plastic electrical thing with wires going to it. Nothing happens when I press the button on the key, the other doors work fine.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Happens to us all :-) Nice not to be on the receiving end for once!

Reply to
David WE Roberts

There are some that take a dim view of myself.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Does your post deserve a a round of applause or just the clap?

Reply to
ARW

My wife's car was frozen up yesterday morning. The central locking worked on the boot and three doors, but the driver's door remained locked. At first I thought the door had frozen to the seals, but then I realised that even pushing from inside with my foot gave no movement at all. Running the engine while I de-iced the glass got a little heat in and then operating the central locking a few times released it.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

One typo, just one typo and I seem to be the standing joke of the weak.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Narr, it not frozen.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Was that intentional? Or is that two?

Reply to
polygonum

I did it on porpoise.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Wot, no comments about stripping before lubricating the lock?

Reply to
F Murtz