Car battery charger

Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

TIA for all advice.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

Lidl and Aldi have that sort of charger quite frequently, but on special offer. It goes to a maintenance charge after the battery is full, and can be left on indefinitely. Cost about 13 quid - a third or less than the 'branded' ones that probably come from the same factory.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But which model?

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Newbury

I use an ageing and obsolete Optimate which works fine when I leave the car for 2 or 3 months at a time

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible