capping vertical drain pipe

We have a vertical steel drain pipe that used to run from out the roof, down through the upstairs bathroom, then down through the kitchen into the drain. It was replaced years ago with an outside drain pipe.

We have removed the section in the kitchen to make the kitchen a bit more roomy.

What is the correct method to block the vented bit sticking out the roof so that rain doesnt get in?.

Cheers.

Reply to
ytsboy

I'd cut it off inside the roof and fit a couple of tiles/slates to re-instate the roof.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I would guess this is Cast Iron, not steel. Take great care when cutting it, it's best cut with a proper chain cutter, but they are rare nowadays. Hacksaw will do it, slowly, wear strong gloves in case it shatters.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Angle Grinder