Capping decorative square shaped chimney pot

Folks,

I have three lovely Victorian chimney pots on disused chimneys. They are the square cross-section ones with spikes at the corners (see

I want to cap them off but can't find a suitable product for the job. All the ones on the net, or at Travis Perkins, are for circular cross-section chimneys (C- caps etc).

Anybody know of something I could use, or suggest an alternative method?

Surely there must be something - they're a fairly common pot design.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
mattscantlebury

(see

I want to cap them off

I've never tried this myself but wouldn't it be possible to remove them, cap the chimney with slate at the benching and leave a weep hole to allow any rain water that accumulates inside to drain away?

Reply to
1501

A chap near me has capped his chimney using a piece of lead flashing, it has the advantage of being easy to work and it doesn't require painting.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Remember that each flue must be ventilated top and bottom. If you are capping, you will need to arrange ventilation.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel