Capacity of various Duracell AA cells?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Spehro Pefhany saying something like:

A memory faintly stirs of something I read yonks ago. I think it might be something to do with an old signalling system of the late Victorian/Edwardian period - maybe railway related. The cells were used in banks contained in wooden cases.

I distinctly recall such cells being used in an intercom system in my primary school - it never worked, to the best of my knowledge.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And Barstow has plenty of switching tracks going on. Actually Barstow is not at the edge of the desert, but it sure is high, and many get high, but its not nearly as high as El Paso.

greg Former Barstow resident

Reply to
GregS

Alas, it's too late to correct the original author, whose ashes were shot from a cannon not too long ago.

Roy Lewallen

Reply to
Roy Lewallen