Cant see my own messages

I am not able to see my own messages in newsgroups, have to go to google to search them, am on aol newsgroup server, I also sure that i'm only getting half of whats posted, seem to be missing some threads, any ideas anyone? Tel
Tel wrote:

Yeah - you're on an *aol* news server.
--
Grunff

I'm surprised it's just the news server causing problems!
Try http://news.individual.net /
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
I've had the same problem (I'm on Pipex) and wonder if it's to do with the number of headers set to download; afterall, this group has a lot of posts per day, and I often can't see the initial query, when looking at a new thread, but not looking until 8pm or so.
RT

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:52:49 -0000, "River Tramp"

I have the same problem as you, being on Pipex also is just a coincidence. Unfortunately the news server is way down an ISP's priority list. Obviously internet connectivity and then emails and webspace servers and other sevices are maintained first and foremost. The news servers are in the 'if we get a minute next week we might fix that' category. The news server @ individual is independant of all that so news is all it does, so it gets a priority service. I haven't got round to using it on this W2K machine but my Linux boxes all seem happy with it.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

posts
I am on Pipex too and occasionally get this probelm - I only see my posts quoted in other peoples replies. however, most of the time things are OK.
Tel wrote:

Just an idea but have you inadvertently killfiled yourself ?
--
Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \

No, its funny this message appeared but one i sent previously never, Thanks anyway, Tel

Use a proper ISP?
--
Steve