Canon MX860 power supply

The power supply unit in my MX860 printer has died. It's a a plug-in unit accessed from underneath the casing, so it should be easy enough to replace (though I haven't yet tried removing it). Every man and his dog want to sell you ink tanks, but none of the firms that I've tried are interested in other parts. Does anyone know if and where one can get replacement power supply units ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

why didn't you just google it ?

The Natural Philosopher

Try Canon UK first.

Tell them that your printer is out of action, and is drastically reducing the amount of original Canon cartidges you are using. With that sob story (similar to that applicable to reporting faulty subscription TV equipment) you should get a keenly priced replacement.

It's probably one of these

Adrian C

I think the part no is QK1-5420 not that I can find anyone in the UK who lists one. They are ~£80 from the US so I expect a new printer is nearly as cheap.

Reply to
dennis

I've just polled Lola, Bella, Sam, Quaker, Wolfie, Whisky, and Jack, and none of them want to sell you an ink cartridge. However Mrs Imelda Ifield of Ifield's Independent Inks of Ipswich says she'll send you a price list. So you are wrong both by inclusion and omission.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I googled "Canon PIXMA MX860 power unit" - and got 62 pages of references. Maybe Tasktron was in there somewhere, but life is too short... But thanks anyway - I've now ordered one from them.

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Thanks Dennis, but I've now oredered one from Tasktron (total £36 inc p&p&vat)

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

to Tasktron)

Reply to