Cannot get into RS components site

May be OT, but I cannot acess the RS Components site for some reason. Can anyone suggest why? Regards DonWill

Reply to
Donwill

It would help if you gave just a tiny bit more information. Like what problem do you experience? What browser are you using? How are you connected to the Internet? etc.

And yes, it is totally OT.

Reply to
Grunff

Why is it OT?

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

Same reason posting about your central heating problems on alt.www.* would be OT.

Reply to
Grunff

But I'm trying to fix it myself !!, could be called DIY? :-) Asking the question on a geek NG would in all probability leave me blinded by science :-) But to fill in on my previous inadequate question, on clicking the google link to RS I am directed to an international page and from the link there I end up in

which appears as a blank page on my Internet Explorer. I used to be able to get into RS, I have a username & password. I had a virus about 3months ago and had to re build using the disc that came with the computer, it all seems to work OK but I dont think I've tried the RS site since then. I just wondered if it was my computer not tweaked properly or are others having the same probs with the RS site. Hope it's not too OT, apologies if it is, and I'll try elsewhere. Cheers Donwill

Reply to
Donwill

Just type rswww.com into your browser address pane.

Reply to
Phil

Have done that, It goes into a page which shows "WELCOME to RS ONLINE" at the top and underneath it says"If you are not redirected in a few seconds please click here to enter the RS Web site." when I do that it takes me to the previously indicated site with a blanc page, I think my computer cannot read the page for some unknown reason. Donwill

Reply to
Donwill

That link works here ok - and I'm not using the most powerful browser in the world. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't actually care - it doesn't bother me. I was just answering your question.

You're still not giving enough information. What browser? What operating system? How are you connected to the Internet?

Reply to
Grunff

What operating

XP How are you connected to the Internet? Modem

Reply to
Donwill

Are you using a script blocker? It shows a blank page here too, until I tell NoScript to allow it... :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

IE Browser Hijack?

Or, download and install firefox

Reply to
Adrian C

Where do I look? where is the Noscript command likely to be? I plead ignorance Donwill

Reply to
Donwill

If you don't know, then you probably aren't using one :)

(NoScript is a Firefox extension :) )

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Found script blocking in my Norton Antivirus, tried switching it off didn't make any difference :-(( Cheers Donwill

Reply to
Donwill

I use Opera and despite RS saying it "isn't supported" (in flagrant breach of the Disability Discrimination Act) it appears to work fine, although I haven't tried ordering.

In fact, using Opera will cure just about all IE problems :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain