candy washing machine problems

I have a candy washing machine its about 4 years old & the problem I am having is that on the cyclles that require slow spin & or quick wash the drum is not emptying & water is still in, if you then set it to drain / fast spin it works fine. this is under a repair contract with d & g but whenever they send someone out he says there is no problem. althought I know there is. can anyone help as I am fed up with getting d & G out to look at it as my wife has to take a day off work each time

Sounds like a partial blockage in the outlet pipe. If the pipe is connected to the U bend, under the sink, this is the most obvious place to look.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook

no u bend, drain pipe goes straight into the outside drain

Don't know if you have the same Candy as I used to; but we experienced similar symptoms which turned out to be caused by a sock which had somehow worked its way round the rim of the drum and ended up in the waste pipe, upstream of the filter!
If you've already had engineers out to look at it you'd think they'd have sussed anything as obvious as a blocked outlet though...
David
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lobster) wrote in message

yes it could be a sock as some times when I spin white items they come out coverec in little black speks where the wholes in the drum are. how would I go about getting the offending artical out
higgsy wrote:

I would advise removing the one of the hoses from the pump to check for a blockage. I recently had a similar problem with a Hoover, which turned out to be a penny inside the pump. Did the engineer check this out or just test the machine?
Terry D.

no never took anything appart according to my wife, just ran one program & said it was fine, when I phoned up to complain they said our waste hose was to low down, so I have repositioned it , but they same thing is still happening, but as I have allready stated this seems to be an intermittent fault.