candle bulbs

We've got a couple of chandelier lights that take normal BC candle bulbs.

There's a white plastic shroud, with immitation candle grease running down, that fits over the bulb holders but after a few years these harden, crack and disintegrate. They are about one and a half inches diameter and 3" long.

I've tried several larger stores that used to carry these years ago but now they don't (e.g. John Lewis )

I've tried searching on Google without success but this maybe because I don't know the proper name for these things.

Does anybody know what these things are called and where I can buy them?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Mackem

Christopher Wray used to do them. In fact they may still do, but their website isn't easy to search nowadays.

Frank Erskine

"Short lived, obsolete, custoimer service nightmare, plastic tubes wot look like candles, thankfully discontinued?"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Properly called Candle Tubes

my store.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

> Not my store.

Thanks to all who responded. Googling "candle tubes" does bring up a few suppliers but with postage they work out quite expensive, for what they are. In the end I bought a 2m length of white Marley 32mm waste pipe and cut this into 3" lengths. So I got the 16 pieces I needed for less than £2, rather than £50+ by mail order.

Reply to
Mackem

Wont it melt ?

Reply to
Staffbull

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:58:09 -0000 someone who may be "Mackem" wrote this:-

They are also called candle drips.

Of course they are expensive for what they are. They are things for visual appearance that serve no useful function.

Reply to
David Hansen

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

So /that/'s why the government costs so much!

Reply to
Guy King

Then it would look more realistic ;-)

Seriously, I wouldn't put PVC or ABS that near a lamp. The real things are made from a thermosetting plastic.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel