Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit?

This may well be a dumb question: Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit (service pipe thingy)? TIA Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

Bit of further info : friendly guy working for Waterline (at 8:30 pm Sun evening!) thinks it is possible. Off to check with Phoenix Gas...

Reply to
Suz

When we were having our new house built, I am pretty sure that all our utilities (gas, electricity, water & cable) were brought through the same conduit. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware of any regulations to prevent this.

Zus

Reply to
Zus

Are you making fun of me? There is no way putting gas and electic in the same conduit could be correct!

Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

They do it in the streets everyday, so why should it be different when it arrives inside your house ? Any plumber worth their salt will be able to trace where pipes are coming from and going to, so if they are daft enough to try and take gas from the water pipe or water from a gas pipe, then they ain't the kind of plumber I'd want on my staff.

My only main advise would be to make that any metal pipework, including electrical conduit, gas pipes and water pipes, is fully earth bonded with a proper safety warning tagged banding strip.

Reply to
BigWallop