Andy Dingley

From: Dennis

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I can see the words "Can't(sic) sell this to you, you're not a Corgi" in Geoff's reply right this minute. Two can hide behind legislation.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Now that is tempting. Set up a few new email address and keep asking Geoff stupid questions.

I suppose he is used to it.

When I called in to to see Geoff (I was passing Watford) one guy phoned up and asked Geoff if he could have directions to the office. The bloke then asked Geoff to hold the line while he went to fetch a pen and paper to write down the directions.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I don't know what the fuss is about. I would have replied in precisely the same vain.

A website is impersonal, and some assurance from a human being goes a long way. I might even have some standard message I could cut and paste as a reply.

Reply to
Fredxx

Mu mum needs a part for her boiler, can I have your web address please (or an email!)

Ta!

Reply to
Toby

Be careful with this one Geoff - next thing you know he'll be wanting to actually order a part from you just like your other e-mailer! ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Same as any other retail sale. If it fails within 6 months geof would have to prove it wasn't faulty, afterwards the buyer would have to prove it was faulty at the time of purchase.

Reply to
dennis

Geoff

Do you do recon PCB's & fans for a Worcester 24RSF? If so what your contact details?

Ta

snipped-for-privacy@mitchelmores.plus.com

Reply to
Mitch

I can't see the problem with it either. Maybe a bit long worded but lots of people write letters like that *and emails*

Last time I wanted something for a boiler (a fan) I priced it up from Geoff's website... then just before I was about to pick up the phone and buy it I accidentally saw a brand new one, still in the manufacturers packaging on ebay with a buy it now at about 1/3 price.

I guess by revealing this secret I'm now on his blacklist :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

In message , Andy Cap wrote

And what reply would a cowboy send?

Reply to
Alan

It's a point and I recently got stiched up by a totally legitimate looking outfit, but at least he's trying to protect himself which is all you can do, make a judgement on what's said.

Reply to
Andy Cap

No reply.

Reply to
Mark

I concur. I would give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

It is likely that he just wanted to confirm that geoff's is a genuine business and that he will actually get sent something rather than nothing. In this case any sensible reply will satisfy him.

I would not be turning down sales because I didn't like this email.

Reply to
Mark

From my perspective, none whatsoever.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

If you think that, the post makes no sense. I'd have no problem buying re-furbished parts from you, as I know your reputation to be good.

However, for someone who just came across your site after a search etc, it does make some sense. I'd be slightly suspicious of being able to obtain a replacement for 1/3rd of the usual price from a firm I didn't know. With things like car alternators, for example, there are firms around who simply clean up ones from scrapped cars and sell them as reconditioned. Etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Variations of none to some item not what as advertised, and then ye'd have problems tracking them down to get your money back. Ever found and suffered bad deals with trading websites showing an incredible entire catalogue list of stock, which turns out to be entirely fantasy?

Reply to
Adrian C