Can't see faq's - Part P

I've looked through all messages I can see but can't find a link to any FAQ's relating to the new electrical (building) regs so I just wanted to ask, will it still be possible to do DIY electrical work then have the local council building regs dept inspect it (obviously they'll no doubt charge an extortionate fee), or does it now have to be done by a suitably qualified and registered electrician?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

You can have it checked by a real sparkie. I intend to do use a real sparke as a consultant when I wire up my selfbuild.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Cheers Rick, that's good to know.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

You may find using building control is cheaper and easier. As I've found with other items, qualified people don't really like checking other people's work (which I fully understand) so using your BCO is the most likely route. Don't worry, he won't understand half of what you say to him - just sound knowledgeable.

Reply to
Mike