Can't deal with moss

Didn't notice any subtleties! But I was replying to the OP I thought. cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

Don't they have sticks/crutches etc?

cheers Norm

Reply to
normanwisdom

That would be Ferrous chloride, if you can get it. Ferrous sulphate is readily available and effective at about ioz in a can of water on the lawn. Add the same amount of sulphate of ammonia to encourage the grass to grow. This tratment turns the moss black.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

standard

For the shingles Copper wire and let rain wash over it and slowly dose the moss with copper sulphate produced as the slightly acid rain reacts with the copper

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes you're right - silly me, it's years since I used it - effective nonetheless.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Which is very pretty.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you don't like English flora you shouldn't have moved here. Moss is a small price to pay for all the benefits.

Not that I can see a problem with moss - I wish I could grow it :-(

I can't grow daises and coltsfoot either.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hey! "ckeely"!!! You could stuff the moss into your ears, and keep out useless wittering!!! Know what I mean?

If it's in your garden, you could try to improve light and drainage which might affect it... uk.rec.gardening may be useful (and is not, AFAIK, so much useless wittering).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The experince of age is largely one of accumulating enough physical problems to cause death.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Copper carbonate actually.

Unless it rains battery acid in your part of the world..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It probably does from the sulphates coming out of coal burning power stations.

Reply to
marvelous

I've never heard this from anyone who's had experience of it working, its alway somebody who knows somebody who thinks its a good idea.

Complete bollox of course!

Reply to
marvelous

Of course it is. That's why you will never see moss on a copper clad roof, and the phrase 'copper bottomed' originally used to describe anti-fouling plating applied to first rate ships, has passed into the language as an indicator of quality.

Anyway, moss is nice. Apart from Kate of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher