Can I remove downpipe on mid terraced Victorian cottage?

I'm 3rd of a terrace of 7, cottages sited on a farm track. Cottage no.

7 has a downpipe on the corner - so just the two. My downpipe does a right angle away from the house and is just is half buried in the ground - it currently and stops just outside my gate - I've been told there's no soakaway in the farm track. Its half full of silt right now.

I'm going to dig up the grass and lay a patio area. Can I just take the downpipe away - is that allowed? might it cause problems for everyone else? If not - I assume its OK to submerge it deeper in the ground below the proposed patio area?

Reply to
eden

Unless the gutter is of a sufficient size to carry the whole flow of water (especially in a very heavy downpour), then it would inadvisable to remove your downpipe - especially if any overflow of water off the roof causes damage to other properties (for which you may have to pay for).

As for laying a pipe under the patio - this would be ok providing that the water can easily flow away from its outlet and access is available to clear any blockages that may occur.

Reply to
Cash