Can I get a buy, - or construct a load-bearing door frame?

We have parts of our house held up with vertical 4x3's. The Strutrial Engineer designed it all. Looks a bit flimsey to me, but its still up there 3 years after it went up.

You can certanly do what you want, if you are doing building regs you need it designed

Reply to
Rick Dipper

|We have parts of our house held up with vertical 4x3's. The Strutrial |Engineer designed it all. Looks a bit flimsey to me, but its still up |there 3 years after it went up. | |You can certanly do what you want, if you are doing building regs you |need it designed |

that's reassuring! Thanks.

Reply to
Howie