Can I fit a round drainer in a corner?

Hello all,

I'm currently having an extenstion put in and the kitchen has been delivered today, (from Howdens).

I have a slight problem! My sink was designed to go under a window on a length of wall that would take the dishwasher and directly on it's right, a cupboard unit that the sink/drainer unit would sit on.

After looking at the brouchure last week, we decided that we liked the look of their individual round bowl and round drainer (390mm diameter)

- so we ordered those...

Now the stuff's been delivered, I've realised that physically, there is space for the round sink - but not for the drainer - ('cos the dishwasher is taking that space and the drainer is quite deep).

We could put the drainer on the right of the sink - but this would mean that the drainer would be in the corner.

Would this look odd? I think it would and so I'm considering just going for a traditional sink unit. As the taps would need to be in the middle of sink/drainer, I'm also concerned about accessibility.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks for any replies - I'm trying to get this sorted out so we can have a kitchen by Sunday!!

RodC

--

- for iPod users who love to travel

Reply to
RodC

I'd fit it "loose" and see what it looks like, then I let SHMBO change my mind.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I have same sink unit and fit my drainer to RHS of sink. Its not tight in the corner, just enough room for coffee machine/kettle and stuff in corner. looks ok to us. but tbh didnt really need it as we have never used it! nothing to drain when u have a dishwasher.

Lee

Reply to
lee

the corner, just enough room for coffee machine/kettle and stuff in corner. looks ok to us. but tbh didnt really need it as we have never used it! nothing to drain when u have a dishwasher.>

Reply to
RodC

Fit thicker worktops so the drainer will fit over the dishwasher.

Reply to
dennis