Can I extend my flue?

I have a baxi bahama 100 on an outside groundfloor wall. I plan to build a single storey extension on the otherside of that wall. This would mean that I would have to have the flue extended by apx 90cm to clear the new roof. My architect has told me I would need to movfer the boiler to a new wall as this would exceed the maximum flue height. Can enybody tell me is this is true. Moving the boiler would be very expensive and if I don't have to I'd be happy not to!

JP

Reply to
Joel Payne

Is it a balanced flue (square or round concentric terminal immediately on the other side of the wall from the boiler)? If it is large (about a foot across) it's an un-fanned flue and it is very unlikely you could extend it vertically by 900mm. A fanned flue (usually 4" OD concentric pipes) is more likely to be amenable to extension. In any case the final word will be the manufacturer's installation instructions which should be in the manual which you should have.

Reply to
John Stumbles