Can circuit breakers be obtained with pins like these? Where?

Two places I own have old fuse boxes. Here is a photo of a fuse and a circuit breaker that came out of each respectively:

circuit breakers be bought with pins the same as these? If so, where?

Or should I scrap the old fuse boxes and replace with a newer type? If so, why?

Thank you,

Jeff D

Reply to
Jeff D

Your choice, but you can buy a complete split load consumer unit with 10 MCBs in for £29! If in Merseyside head for Smiths Electrical, if not you can order from their ebay site. It would cost you more for all the MCBs separately.

I fitted the one sold by Smiths Electrical and it's fine, lots of space for wiring inside and they will change the MCBs for any combination you want for no extra charge. It's a plain looking unit that does the job. Nothing fancy as it's not out on show.

I have put the lights, alarm and doorbell on the normal 6A breakers and the sockets, shower and cooker on the protected side.

Reply to
Bob

The cooker should normally be on the non protected side, otherwise you are just asking for problems with nuisance tripping.

Reply to
John Rumm