Can bonding be mixed with cement?

Can bonding be mixed with cement? And when would this mix be used? The reason I ask is that I think some has just been applied for patching up some of my old lime plaster walls.... Also what is the best plaster for patching old lime plaster walls (other than lime plaster which I know is the absolute best...), a sand/cement mix or browning? The reason I ask is that the plasterer wanted to use sand/cement, but through experience I thought this would be too brittle so suggested browning. I have come home to something that is decidedly grey, not brown...

Reply to
DjB

I doubt it does any harm. Finish coat mixed with cement can be used as scratch coat for small area repairs, such as filling in after channeling.

sand/cement/lime/waterproofer scratch coat anywhere which might get damp, or plaster scratch coat otherwise. Finish off with finishing coat in either case.

Did he say why? Is the wall damp? sand/cement is harder work for plasterer because it has to be mixed up, and has to be left 24 hours before recoating.

Plaster can be grey or pink -- depends which area of the country you live in, or more specifically, which quarry the materials came from. I've heard cases where you get halfway through a job, open the next bag, and it's the other colour. There's no difference in the two. However, sand+cement feels quite different from plaster.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Neither have I what does it mean,

Yippe Ki A