Can anyone access the homebase website ?

Hi
Been down for a few days
Any ideas as to why
Thanks
Malc
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:27:03 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

There's a temporary page because they claim to be "experiencing technical difficulties".
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Still down as of Thrusday night - probably got severely hacked, as I can think of no other reason for a major retailer to be offline for so long these days.
Hope their business continuity plan is in place :-)
--

Regards.

Nick Pitfield ( snipped-for-privacy@nickpitfield.com)

Even if they have been hacked there is no excuse for being off-line this long. Very poor show guys...
On 3 Oct 2003 05:41:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mxf.org.uk (Matt Beard) wrote:

It's there right now. Looks fine (the term fine being used in a relative sense in this case of course, since it is B&Q! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
It wasn't hacked, there was an inept attempt to apply a patch that went wrong, it was then discovered that the back-ups had not been done in some months. So they have decided to bin the whole thing and build a usable website.
(Matt Beard) wrote:

Really? Where do you get your info?
Matt
(Matt Beard) wrote:

Firstly I still can't see it, and secondly it is the homebase site that is down, not the B&Q one!
On 4 Oct 2003 10:49:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mxf.org.uk (Matt Beard) wrote:

OOPS, sorry, mea culpa - still, it's not like you're missing anything at all in that case, since it's been neither use nor ornament at any time in it's history - literally a "web presence"! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}