Can a single mixer kitchen tap be used on a double kitchen sink???

I want to change the taps of my kitchen sink, currently 2 single taps. Without getting a two tap mixer, ie 7" apart, can i use a single mixer and cover up the other hole. Are such coverings available? and will the single mixer fit through the hole of one of the single taps.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Reply to
lavenders19

Firstly holes for monoblock mixers are 35mm - Tools are available to make these.

Hole pairs for more traditional mixers are clearance on 1/2" BSP which

25mm should do. As the for the between centres distance, I dunno. MIght be the same as the bath mixers which is 180mm (IIRC).

I have seen this done OK where a big double sink/double drainer unit had a pair of holes cut in the middle and the mixer did each bowl.

Similarly the use of a mono mixer in this way should be possible. Hole blanking discs are available.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com formulated the question :

Yes, I did this a few weeks ago with two of our sinks/wash basin.

I had to adapt the wash basin hole, to make it slightly larger.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield