Can a combi still be run if hot water drained down?

I have a Worcester 28 and need to know if I can drain down the hot water (and cold supply) and yet still leave the central heating side pressurised and running?

I need to leave it running to try to prevent freezing but would prefer to turn off at the main stopcock and run off the cold and hot water.

I would hate to damage the boiler though, by it not having water in a section that gets heated.

Any advice please?

Thanks as always. Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Works for me

Reply to
BillR

I would think you would be safe on just about any make of combi to run them with the primary filled but the cold water turned off.

The other way round is more interesting but still possible with some makes and models.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The CH will be filled and running but for protection from frost I wanted to drain the hot water and cold feed down.

You think that is ok?

Rob

Reply to
Kalico