Can a Baxi Platinum 24HE *System* Boiler be converted into a *Combi*?

Hi,

Have a friend with a brand new Baxi Platinum 24HE "System Boiler", and I need a new Combi boiler. They look identical, and the only difference we can see is the diverter valve. In the Combi it should have a 'T' and in his System one it just goes out to one outlet, to connect to a cylinder.

Is it just a matter of replacing that with a T from their Combi model, does anyone know, or are there more complicated things to worry about?

Reply to
Chris Tomlinson

There is temperature control as well. If you want to convert it to a combi. Buy a plate heat exchanger, a flow switch, blending valve and an electric 3-way "diverting" valve. Have the flowswitch on the cold mains to the plate, when activated. it fires the boiler and diverts the 3-way valve to send all the boilers flow to the plate. All the boilers output will go through the plate heat exchanger. The blending valve will set the output temperature. If you can get some of the components inside the case fine. I think most would all be outside. Could be in the cupboard under the sink well insulated.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You need a It's a heat exchanger with associated stuff that goes with a system boiler and effectively makes it a combi.

auctions

Buying the parts separately is much cheaper. Using this box, you can fit a large, say 50kW boiler and it will deliver amazing flowrates.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That and their shower master look interesting. No mention of prices on their site, which probably means they are expensive. I couldn't find an alternative source using google.

Reply to
<me9

They are special made to order.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is the wrong box: "Ideal for use on district heating and central boiler applications."

This convertes a normal boioer to give instant hot water:

Reply to
Doctor Drivel