Cameras v Wireless network

So is the vast majority of branded stuff. Almost all consumer goods are made in China.

Reply to
Grunff

Look at Ebay the unbranded stuff nearly all says from China or from Hong Kong although some says from Singapore. The unbranded cctv being sold from this country is simply imported from China or via China / Singapore and sold with a large markup.

I never meant to sound anti Chineese and I know these days most top quality electronics are manufatured there or in the surrounding SEA countries, I can read the "made in" labels on my JVC cameras packaging. Its just the misleading descriptions by some ebay vendors piss me off a bit.

Reply to
FKruger

You are right. That makes my claim a tautology as well as badly spelt. ALso hypocritical as I'm waiting the delivery of some unbranded stuff off ebay, although not a camera 3 times bitten 4 times shy.

Reply to
FKruger

Lucky U.. but the GSM and DECT and I suspect the doorbell are on separate frequency bands!..

As is the radio and TV so not surprising really!..

Reply to
tony sayer

If he wants a good wireless camera and he has a wifi, whats wrong with that above example of a camera?

Reply to
FKruger

On Sun, 20 May 2007 20:25:20 GMT, FKruger mused:

Nothing, but I'm not sure what the OP is after.

Reply to
Lurch

SNip

Indeed, pick the right channels on our Wifi network, sit in the kitchen with your laptop, turn on microwave and watch it kill the wifi connection.

Reply to
chris French

Only because of that statistician W. Edwards Demming who, after WWii, instilled in them the need for quality. There's a nice story about some Japanese manufacturing plant supplying widgets. An order came in from the USA and specified 2 defective widgets per thousand. This puzzled the Japanese, but the customer was always right of course. Anyway, they delivered the widgets with the 2 defective ones in each batch of 1000 neatly labelled as such.

Robert Laws

It's not likely to be fitted for a few months when the extension etc is done. On your advice and others I will avoid cheap stuff.

Reply to
Rupert (W.Yorkshire)

In that case just use a cabled network camera. Avoids all the agro of wireless and will work. Get a camera that uses PoE and all you need at the camera location is an RJ45 network socket.

You will, of course, be flood wiring the place with Cat5e (or higher) & coax anyway...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice