Cambridge solar farm construction filmed by drone

2 recent topics in one video

Adam Aglionby

ghastly waste of consumers money...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On a totally unrelated issue, how might a drone be used to deliver leftover oil-based paint if complete coverage/smooth finish were not important?

Reply to
Robin

I don't know for certain, but I would be willing to contribute some for 'research purposes'.

Reply to
Davey

Finding a drone capable of carrying enough paint to cover let's say 30 acres might be difficult.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Can you get a crop-spraying drone?

Reply to
Caecilius

Nightjar

I think Robin meant to add the word "surreptitiously".

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Just down the road from me. A bit repetitive, it would have been better if they had managed to fly around the perimeter.

Reply to
newshound

Picky, picky.

Reply to
Nightjar

I assumed it was the one near Cambridge, Cambs...

Though I don't know why they picked a north slope.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Let me make clear my only interest was as a concerned citizen who hopes such facilities have suitable protection against terrorist attacks. Just as I hope that Harry spends every possible hour on his roof with a shotgun as DIY defence against attacking drones. Any other inferences will attract the attention of Messrs Sue, Grabbit and Run :)

Reply to
Robin

Not a drone as such but this might be able to slip under the radar

Maybe use hydrofluoric acid to etch the glass?

Reply to
The Other Mike

But we might get one to carry enough to squirt in the eye of speed cameras?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

After watching that video, I found this:

Which seemed quite unbelievable so I looked for other videos and found this:

Which suggests that the first wasn't simply(?) just a _superb_ piece of CGI fakery.

In fact, there are a whole bunch of these incredible videos on youtube.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Johny B Good

Perhaps they took their inspiration from JFK's inaugural speech?

Reply to
Johny B Good

I've seen it done live. Probably the most boring display of meaningless skill I have ever watched for 30 seconds

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A paint-ball gun is sufficient for that.

Reply to
Huge

I do get your point but, nevertheless, an amazing demonstration of helicopter flight dynamics given such high power to weight ratios now made possible with modern tech.

I watched so many videos of this stuff, including some plain old boring fixed wing RC model flying, I think I've become as jaded as anyone would once the 'novelty has been scrubbed off'.

Still, for anyone else who hasn't seen any of this, it's certainly impressive enough to leave you wondering if it's all a clever trick of CGI. There must be at least a couple of hours worth of entertainment in these videos, at least for people with a reasonably enquiring mind.

I remember the crude RC techniques of half a century ago and the last time I looked at the state of RC flying aircraft models about 15 years ago, helicopters were considered too advanced (and expensive!) for a pure beginner to chance their arm with.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Go on JB get yourself a quadcopter, you know you want to....

Reply to
Adam Aglionby