Calling all heating engineers (help)

I have got an old Servowarm boiler (elite 50) and the pump went on it.

I have replaced the pump and have noticed that a bi-metallic strip wa broken in the timeclock( beleived to be old horstmann emerald)

I have got an electrician to install a new Drayton LP241 programme along with a seperate timer for the pump overrun.

All works fine except that from the boiler control drayton show 3 wire coming from the control to the programmer (Live Neutral and earth) bu mine has 4 wires from the control (Live Neutral Earth and a Red wire)

My electrician has wired the Blue to Blue on Programmer terminal, Eart to the earth and the red to position 4 on the terminal block but th live is not connected.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct and if not which wires go where?

I have no room stat or auto valve for hot water.

Each radiator has a stat and the CH/Hot water valve is manual.

Thank

-- Nigel Hewer

Reply to
Nigel Hewer

If the boiler provides pump over-run, it needs a permanent live in addition to the switched live. The boiler only fires when the switched live is on, but uses the permanent live to power the pump during the over-run period when switched live is off.

If you are controlling pump over-run with a separate timer rather than letting the boiler do it, the boiler won't need a permanent live - but your over-run timer *will*.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Shouldnt the electrician know whats right or wrong??

Reply to
Psst

I admire your faith!

Reply to