calculating radiator sizes - finned vs. non-finned

I've git a single-skinned hot water radiator (thin, modern type) that I want to install in my bathroom. It has no fins on it. It's size is about

25% bigger than the existing radiator, but the existing one has fins... Is there a rule of thumb that says how much bigger a non-finned radiator needs to be in order to equal the heat output of a finned radiator?

TIA

Al

Reply to
AL_n

says about 1.5 times for otherwise comparable radiators. (0.13/0.09)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Another way is to look at some figures for comparable types on sale now (manufacturer data is pretty good on the better ones) and work out a fudge factor.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@squidward.sv.dionic.net:

Thanks re bith replies. TBH, I wasn't aware that single-leaf rads were still available! The 1.5x ballpark figure is good enough for my purposes.

Al

Reply to
AL_n