Cad type software

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one drawing) in 2D, cheers Tel
take away nojunk wrote:

Last time I looked you could download an older version of TurboCAD for free from IMSI web site (Requires Registration IIRC).
--
Cheers,

John.

I agree there the IMSI stuff is great & free
--
regards
Dave Batter
kitchenman wrote:

I would only agree that its free.

Have downloaded turbocad before, am I right in saying it won't let you print off your drawings, I also remember it being very difficult to learn how to use. I was prepared to pay this time, just need basic plans which i have already done on MS Visio but Visio won't produce any elevations, I know I should have paid an architect weeks ago, but i do like being in charge of my own properties design, cheers Tel
away nojunk wrote:

I haven't been able to crack 3D TurboCAD but find it great for 2D drawings. When I first started, years ago, I struggled, mainly because I was trying to draw lines in the right place and to the right length first time. The tip that made it all work for me was to put a couple of baselines in (o/s of side and back walls of house or whatever) and use the parallel line tool to place other lines. Then go back and use the meet two lines at corner etc tools to bring it all together.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser

It only takes a quick google to find e.g.
http://crackazoid.com/?q=turbocad
Just so you can try it and decide whether to purchase it of course

--
geoff

geoff wrote:

You can print off the freeby download.
I just did.

the stuff I have lets you print. but I tend to cut & paste into word first
--
regards
Dave Batter

Have a look at AutoSketch.
It is made by the same people who produce Autocad and we have used it for years for 2D drawings.
--
Neopets!!! It's Fun, Free and Addictive
www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=carolla

It isn't free, is it?
Iused Autosketch for years at work, I think it was version 5 for dos I finihed on - it was wonderful.
When I was retired I nicked my copy but it wouldn't print on windoze, so I bought the windows version.
It was utter rubbish - I gave it to a charity shop to spread the suffering.
Turbo cad lite is IMO very good, but does sort of need previous cad experience or being willing to work at learning it
mike r

software
drawing)
Have a web search for Design Workshop Lite by Artifice and download the free version for a great spatial design package.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

take away nojunk wrote:

turbocad LE
www.turbocad.com, free download.

software
drawing)
I use IntelliCad 2001 which was a free download at the time. (I would think that they are now at a later number now). It supports most of the AutoCAD functions of the time and there are plenty of 3rd party developers who have add on blocks just waiting to be downloaded for nothing. One that I down loaded was an "A" frame programme that not only drew the frames between the outside walls, but also gave a printout of my requirements.
Steve

drawing)
I have old versions of TurboCad and TotalCad both by IMSI which I think both came from the CDs with PCPlus magazine.
I prefer Turbocad and have used it to plan my kitchen layout. It also happens to be compatible with what is probably the original version of Autocad that I also have.
Michael Chare