cable telephone and broadband

I have never been talking about the splitter, however a properly designed splitter is a filter designed to maintain the impedance across the outputs. Even the cheap ones usually have a star network of resistors to give some sort of balance.

You missed the point, the problems were caused by impedance mismatches causing some bits of the network to not see the signals while others could.

Reply to
dennis

I got your point, but was highlighting that thin ethernet is highly vulnerable to disruption in operation due to mismatches arising from improper termination because of the nature of its collision detection mechanism. CATV networks are far more resilient, and won't cease to function as a result of an unterminated co-ax.

Reply to
John Rumm

I see your point. Sorry if I confused you by not being careful enough in my reply.

Reply to
dennis