Cable Identification

I don't need to redeem myself to you who has obviously never worked on a big job before, I said 'cooker cable' to fit in with the man from b&q, IE the weekend warrior who has a shed full of tools and doesn't know wht any of them do.

Reply to
Phil L

You said cable that was 25mm across which was a load of bollocks. Show me where such cable is used for showers or cookers in a normal domestic setting and you'll have the pleasure of teaching me something.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I didn't say anything is always - you're the one who insists on making generalisations. The bathroom could be in an extension that has its own CU that's nowhere near the meter.

You still don't seem to grasp the difference between pedantry and someone pointing out apparently gaping flaws in your ability to reason.

I didn't say that it is, but I didn't assume that it isn't either.

The OP doesn't live in most houses, he lives in his house. All we know is that he says he has an electric shower of some sort with a cable that /may/ be underrated.

I'm still not guessing anything (except possibly that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer - there's some evidence to support that).

How can I be wrong when I haven't made any claims about the OPs specific situation? You keep making generalisations while failing to answer the OPs question, and repeatedly fail to acknowledge that without more information there cannot be an authoritative answer, preferring instead to guess and bluster.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I 'guessed' that his shower cable wasn't big enough, so did a lot of other people. Considering a 10mm cable would be preferred to a 6mm cable if it's a modern shower (over 9.5kw), that was my best guess, you obviously didn't like it and he never came back to tell us any further details, so I'll stick with that, you're the one blustering and fussing thast it /may/ be 'adequate' but what if it's not? - neither of us know this and so it's better to err on the side of caution?

Reply to
Phil L

I doubt you have the capability to learn anything.

Reply to
Phil L

Only because you have nothing to teach me.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

There's no evidence of that in this thread - you're on your own.

That may be the case when specifying new work, but with an existing situation it is often better to take the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach. Especially as "fixing" the OPs situation might involve considerable expense and/or end up with it more dangerous than it is at the moment.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Err, who exactly? If you read the thread again you'll see that your in a minority of one. "a lot of other people" are in agreement that it may well be perfectly adequate.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq