Cable Digitial TV cable

Does anyone know if its possible to get a longer cable to run from the wall box to the digibox from anyone other than the cable TV company?

If so, what sort of cable is it and what connectors would I need?

Its NTL and a Pace digibox, btw.

TIA

Emma

Reply to
lloer

The cable they used here is CT125, from the wall box to the cable modem. You would need a couple of "F" plugs as well - assuming an F plug coupler or filter in the wall box where the external cable comes in. You need a special crimp tool to fit the F plugs - you can get "screw on" ones, but I haven't tried them with CT125, so I don't know how well they work. Satellite tv type places often supply ready made patch leads with proper crimped F plugs.

Note that NTL do not like you doing this yourself and if they find out you have, there is a chance they may charge you for "putting it right".

Lee

Reply to
Lee

If he's after an extension from the wallbox in the house to the digibox, then that's easy to do and NTL probably won't care. If it is the cable from the external box NTL provide then that may be a different matter as they put an NTL seal on that box.

2x 'F' plugs and a suitable length of appropriate cable is all you need.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

snip

True they probably won't, but it was worth mentioning that they *might*. Depends on which NTL employee is the next to visit... Most that have been here certainly wouldn't care, but there are jobsworths about.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

True, which is why I tend to swap everything back when an NTL guy comes to fix something (once I've confirmed it's still broken with original NTL stuff). Easy enough to do.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

I think CT100 is the normal cable? That's what I've used to do this task myself; readily available from satellite TV shops etc. I also use the 'screw-in' type F plugs which Lee mentions; they worked fine, and very easy to fit (no special tools needed).

I wouldn't worry about that too much. If your new lead works OK, then fine, and NTL aren't going to know about it anyway. And if it doesn't work for whatever reason, you can just replace the old lead.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hi,

Argos do a cable with 'F' connectors on each end AFIAK.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Indeed. My NTL installer gave me 20m of cable off the reel and some connectors and told me I could wire it up in the house however I liked. I wanted to take some time to have nicely concealed cables under the floorboards.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle