Cabinet Suspension Fitting

I have just made a cabinet (hence earlier posts about hinge cutter bits).

Now I have come to mounting it on the wall, I was going to use the modern things that most kitchen cabinets use - apparently called Suspension Mounting Fittings [1]. But, alas, I had not thought it through. These require the fitting to be mounted approx. 15mm or so in front of the wall. Which, if you have a false back in the cabinet, is fine. I don't have that. Because the cabinet is very shallow already, I decided just to inset a bit of thin white faced MDF/hardboard into the back. So I really have just about 3mm.

So are there any similar devices that work in the siuation I have described? The adjustability is so nice! The load is nowhere near the same as a laden kitchen cupboard so a light device would probably be fine.

[1] If I have not explained clearly, they are shown here. I have used these very ones very successfully for cabinets with real backs.
Reply to
Rod

One non-adjustable but nonetheless convenient method: fix a L-shaped aluminum strip to the wall, level, width of the cabinet, where the bottom of the cabinet will be. With a helper, lift the cabinet onto the strip, adjust sideways position. Drill through the back into the wall in the top inside, screw to wall. Add two small screws from the bottom through the aluminum strip into body for a bit of belts-and-braces.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

This is similar to what I do.

Essentially use a level to fix a strip of thin wood to support the cabinet top.

Then as long as the cabinet is screwed to the wall, it won't fall down.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher