C&G 6084

One for Ed, Paul, John &c:

[how] have you got your Energy Efficiency qualification? No-one within astronomically observable range of here (Reading) is doing it (until June, maybe: much use :-().

I have come across this lot:

(I could do the assessment at Henley, which is close enough). Any experience of them? Before I sign up my £100 ...

Reply to
John Stumbles

My ACS is now up for renewal. I hoping to get some quotes for that. The difference is so much between organisations that it may be worth travelling+accomodation if the whole lot can be done in one go.

Really it looks like the days have gone for just having ACS.

Unvented cylinders. Domestic wiring // boiler controls // 16th testing. Energy efficiency.

Are all going to be needed in the next year or two along with joining an 'electric' club.

I shall be phoning around next week.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

So you haven't got your 6084 yet? I thought it was just me! :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Is this becoming a market requirement or a legal one, John?

I was under the impression that having the appropriate set of ACS/CORGI credentials allowed you to sign off on related energy saving issues?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for the concsern I got my Energy Efficiency last year before th stampead, and my unvented. On the unvented course there were loads (ok or 2) guys who had fitted a lot of unvented stuff already. Wow that's big cowboy thing to do, I'm not that stupid. When you've done th unvented course you realise the need for it. Manufacturers instruction are not as good for unvented as they are for gas regs. A monkey coul fit a gas boiler following manufacturers instructions and pass an corgi inspector's perusal. Actually perhaps they should be allowed to But there is a lot more to unvented than the small piece of card tha manufacturers instructions fit onto, and it's arguably more dangerous And we styill get the odd complete novice piping up on forums like thi asking how to get out of the fix where they've connected their ordinar cylinder up without an open vent! Heck the nanny should have impose water storage system controls way before they had time to star meddling with electricity.

I say, let us who've been creating double poled fused spurs for ou boilers quite safely all these years carry on, let consumers hang thei own combi subject to a test/inspection cert. BUT insist that an meddling with domestic hot water storage be tested and certified by suitably qualified person (who insidentally they won't find in my loca building control office, they just file my name against my jobs and say if it blows up we'll send 'em to you!)

Now what are we going to do about all these boilers we're sticking u in lofts running off a garden extension lead from the downstairs hal while we wait for the now all puffed up sparky who keeps saying nex week. I've had a poor old dear on an extension leed three weeks now. know that's not right either but it isn't fair to leave them withou heating for three weeks is it?

Just have to bight the bullet I suppose and become a sparky as well a all the rest

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

And by the way, my local building control officer is a very sensibl

man, he can't really open his gob to criticise but his facia expressions when I asked him about part P were a picture

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker