Bye Bye Belle Minimix

Probably the best tool I have ever owned.

Bought from eBay for £130 in 2008.

I have used it twice. I laid a shed base and put in half a dozen fence posts.

I have however rented it it out loads of time for a crate of beer or for £20 for the week. I probably have received over £700 in such "rent".

Today the mate who had borrowed it was rear ended by a transit van and his trailer and my mixer are a write off along with my mate's underpants.

What is the mixer worth in an insurance claim? It was still in a reasonably clean condition and worked very well.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Find out what it would cost you to replace with something in similar condition and claim that. Take copies of any adverts, in case the insurers want justification of the amount, although it probably low enough for them not to bother.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Claim it was only 2 months old & do some insurance fraud to annoy dennis. Easy enough to get a fake VAT receipt.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But will you take the insurance payout and call it game-over for Adam's Mixer Hire, or buy another one?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I will buy a new one.

A bloke needs his cement mixer even if he does not use it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sounds like you should claim more for loss of earnings than for the value of the thing! How much would it have earned in the next 20 years had it not met an untimely end? [Oh, and don't forget the whiplash it suffered!]

Reply to
Roger Mills

I think mate should buy you a new second-hand one and give you a voucher for a bj off his girlfriend.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Excellent idea - we'll have Den-boi's blood pressure up through the roof yet.

Reply to
grimly4

In this village we assess the status of each resident by the quality of his concrete mixer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , The Medway Handyman wrote

Don't forget to claim that it suffered whiplash.

Reply to
Alan

the white heat of technology ... you no longer judge a man by the size of his pigeon loft.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I will post a couple of adverts in the local paper to up the value of the mixer.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The damage is not his fault.

His gf could eat an apple through a letterbox.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But it wouldn't have happened if he'd had the cement mixer in the van not on the trailer.

won't ask how you know.

Or do you mean she is somewhat horselike in the dental department?

Owain

Reply to
Owain