Buzzing Thermostat

Hi all

I have a Honeywell T6360B room stat controlling the fan on a Myson kick space heater.

After only a year of operation it has started buzzing for a good few seconds on each switching operation.

The fan rating is only 3A so should be well within the capacity of the stat.

Is this just a duffer, or am I missing something?

I thought this would be the simplest most reliable solution for the application. It seems to provide the control required, just makes a noise doing it!

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

There isn't anything in those that can buzz apart from the contacts arcing, and I imagine that is what's happening.

The contacts might have a tiny magnet incorporated to make the action more positive.

You may be able to clean and re-tension the contacts.

Reply to
Graham.

If its bimetal, check thermostat contacts & cable screws.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And the heating element wound around the bi-metal strip.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks guys

I'll check it out this weekend

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Never really understood why they have a heating element ? ..... do you know why. Sort of expected Bimetallic strip would simply respond to the air temp, so why does it need heating ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Chris

Reply to