Buying a cistern lid

For various reasons I need to buy a toilet cistern lid (ie the bit of porcelain that fits on top of the cistern).

It looks like the major DIY stores only sell entire cisterns. Does anybody know of a shop that might be able to help?

Reply to
Stinkoman

Having smashed mine before even getting the chance to fit it I managed to get one direct from the manufacturer. Cost around =A315 I seem to recall.

So, might be worth ringing the manufacturer of yours...

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

If you have the broken lid there should be a number stamped into the underside of the lid ,I took a twyford one to Grahams and they found a replacement for me within 10 days.

Reply to
Alex

A household insurance company might be able to point you at one, even if you're not making a claim. They use them when someone smashes some part of a 1970's bathroom suite in the hope of getting a brand spanking new suite at the expense of all the other insurance customers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Excellent idea - thanks. The story why I need one is that the toilet isn't fixed to the wall because a damp proof course runs behind it. Instead it's attached to a thick 2in batton, which it then attached to the wall.

This looks ugly and I was going to put a shelf over it, but as an experiment took the larger cistern lid from the other toilet in the house and found that not only was it a perfect fit but it was also bigger, and covered up the gap at the back created by the batton. So basically I just need to source some kind of bigger cistern lid.

I'll look for the part number and get in touch with the company that made my other toilet cistern.

Reply to
Stinkoman

Go down your council tip.

Millions of em usually stacked up in case someone needs one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Doubtful. Stick what you've got back together, apply car body filler, paint, or cut a new one up out of some timber, and varnish it all over.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Had the same problem - drew a blank everywhere. Got my mate to make me a beauty in pine in his furniture workshop.

Reply to
wounded horse

If you still have the lid take it to Grahams plumbing merchants,it should have a number embossed on it and they will be able to replace it .

Reply to
Alex