buying a brand new car

This 'no spare wheel' business is getting ridiculous.

It is bad enough having the stupid gunge and inflation kit with a spare wheel as an option (with space for it) but I was looking at one of the 4x4 hybrids and it doesn't have space for a spare, other than the boot area, just laying on the bottom.

Not only don't I trust the gunge to fix a tyre, it won't cope with a major failure, plus it ruins any chance of repair. I don't care for 'space saver' wheels but they are better than nothing. The marginal cost saving of not having a proper spare wheel simply isn't worth it, in my view. I even carry a spare for the trailer I tow a car on behind our motorhome.

Reply to
Brian Reay

You *are* a spare wheel, Den.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Then I am more useful than you.

Reply to
dennis

Well quite. Same as insurance with agreed restricted mileage. Exceed the limit and have it increased costs more than the higher one in the first place.

If it didn't, everyone would go for a low mileage and then increase it if needed.

Heads they win, tails you lose.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)