Buying a boiler.

Do the prices vary much seasonally? I'm going to replace my working one this year and wondered if there's much difference in, say, the summer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If suppliers *aren't* hiking their prices in the winter then they're missing a trick. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Late spring the sales reps will be trying to meet their targets to win a holiday in whatever sewage-infested resort boiler sales reps invade, and should be amenable to a bit of the old discounting.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Judging by the prices in B&Q now is as good a time as any. People tend to buy boilers late autumn, before the cold weather. After Xmas they can't afford it.

The only boiler replacements at the moment are where boilers have failed completely and the owners have no choice.

Shokka

Get British Gas. You are clearly not competent to install such equipment. This one could blow up the street.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Heh heh - the sort of boiler I'm buying isn't sold in B&Q and wouldn't be installed by the types of builders who shop there.

Which might be a reason for prices to be higher.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You claim to be a pro but recommend them?

Then I'll have to get you along to put out the fire with your 'plumbing'.

Now go back to telling me to 'eff off'. You make more sense that way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are clearly an effing plantpot. You "must" get British Gas, for the safety of the public at large.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks for being so predictable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks - it's not urgent and I'll not be fitting it until then anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are clearly an effing plantpot. You "must" get British Gas, for the safety of the public at large.

.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You seem to have missed one of your usual snips. Please try harder. Then please seek treatment for your fixation. Or get a life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are clearly an effing plantpot. You "must" get British Gas, for the safety of the public at large.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why should I get British Gas? The nearest supply of mains gas is twelve miles away. Why should anyone have to get British Gas? They're a lazy, useless bunch of leadswingers who grossly overcharge.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So you and Plowman are same. I thought so. Whatever people you are, will you just eff off as you are a clear plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel