Buy George! (not Henry)

Where can I buy a George vacuum cleaner? I can find the Henry in a few London shops but not the George.

I've heard that the Henry is robust enough for DIY dust and woodchips but how does the George fare? Given that it's a wet-and-dry maybe it's too fancy to withstand heavy dirt?

And am I right in thinking that Numatic have no website with information about their products? In this day and age?

Reply to
Martin Potts

The George is bigger and also washes carpets with a pressure wash, not a piddle of water like the Vax.

There is no comparison.

EricP

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:49:28 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Martin Potts" strung together this:

Try online stores.

for instance.

They're both heavy duty enough for diy, I've had a Henry and a Numatic industrial vacuum and they've both performed outstandingly.

not that hard to come up with.

Reply to
Lurch

Viking Direct sell them. Not always the cheapest but they soemtimes do good discounts.

Reply to
Bob Eager

This post me thinking as I was about to buy a new Vax so I had a google around and the best I can find is £165 delivewred from

bad as Viking Direct are £180 plud VAT :-)

Reply to
DeeBee

No buy both they are cute. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I've known Henry for 10 years. He even lets me shove a tube up his jacksie. He copes well with plaster dust & rubble, but changing his bag is a pain in my ass as well as his.

There are plenty of hits on Google for >numatic george< e.g. BE Direct at about £200.

Cheers Andrew L.

Reply to
Andrew L.