Busted bricks in a new pallet?

One new pallet of LBC "Heathers"

Out of the pallet about 100 are cracked chipped or burnt until they are white and banana shaped.

Is this normal?

These are supposed to be decent bricks.

ANy advice please

Reply to
EricP

Complain most heartily and request replacements.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

What is classed as "normal" for a set of new bricks? I have got straight damaged ones, ones that are so crazed I can break them to bits with bare hands, ones that are a yellow white and banana shaped fro mis firing and bad packing. Half the pallet is rubbish. I skipped

300 better ones to replace with these.

Seriously pissed.

Reply to
EricP

I've only ever bought them off the pallet and I've noticed, while I've been loading them into the car, the odd one or two which I've rejected for being a bit chipped , but absolutely nothing like as many as you've found.

Complain. A lot. Where'd you get them?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

]Don't request replacements.

Demand replacements or ALL your money back.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I am working on all I can at the moment. Fortunately it's getting dark and soon I won't be able to see the bricks! :(((

Reply to
EricP

This is Travis Perkins, and between 1/3 to 1/2 the pallet are complete carp, not even suitable for building a boiler house. It looks like it was the dregs at the end of a production run that should have been hardcored.

As i'm not trade I have the usual consumer junk to fall back on. If I was trade, I would get a new supplier.

Reply to
EricP

I had a load of cheap bricks from Jewson. ~10% were damaged. Complained and they brought more round next day. Same with wood from timber merchant, if what they bring its too twisted or cracked for the job I tell 'em to replace.

Reply to
OldBill

I don't know what you mean by 'consumer junk', if you mean your consumer rights they're not junk, I promise you. But you don't have to quote chapter and verse, just stand your ground and don't give way.

Don't threaten them with anything, don't get nasty, but if they don't do what you want tell your local Trading Standards Office.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You are quite correct. :))

Having a garden full of skip filler again has made me a tad edgy. :)) Particularly as I skipped far better than was delivered as new.

Reply to
EricP