bury pipes in plaster

I want to conceal some 10mm copper radiator pipes below plaster depth. once secured to the brickwork what can I cap them with so as the heat does not crack the plaster or discolour the wallpaper ?. I have previously tried this without putting anything between the pipework and the plaster which resulted in the above problems. Do I need to be aware of any chemical reactions eg. between copper pipe and steel capping. any help will be much appreciated,thanks

Reply to
caravanman

Yes, you can wrap them in Denso tape, which prevents the plaster reacting with the copper.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

I used a strip of expanded metal to support the plaster, albeit only for about 12" before the pipes went behind the door frame, twenty years later no sign of cracking.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews