burner " trumpeting " sound

Hi,

having just replaced a heat exchanger on an ideal response 120 i now find when the burner lights it sounds "rougher" in operation with a wind type noise and occasionally there is a trumpeting type sound when the burner stops. The burner then cuts out and reignites with the same procedure.

The flue is unobstructed and sealed and system pressure is normal havent touched the gas side of the boiler other than to remove gas injector to the fan assembly for access,

any help much appreciated,

nige

Reply to
nige

My Ideal Response 120 does that trumpetting noise too. It is fairly quiet, and only lasts a few seconds, often as the lighter turns off after a shower.

It's done it from the start, and does not seem to affect operation. Don't know if it's a fault or not - just assumedthat was the way it worked.

-- JJ

Reply to
Blueyonder

thanks jj,

turns out to be an incorrectly fitted washer on the injector tube,

nige

Reply to
nige

Thanks nige - something for me to check now ;-)

My heat exchanger has never been off the boiler, so far as I know, so it would be a bit worrying if my washer was not fitted correctly. Do you have any pointers on where I should look? I'm not going to mess around with the gas stuff myself, but if it is something I can see, then it is something I can point out (it's getting its first annual service next month).

-- JJ

Reply to
Blueyonder

Hi jj

I would leave it till the next service if i were you and mention it to the engineer, The washer fitting was my mistake which i rectified, i would be surprised if yours was the same problem,

I dont know if the "trumpeting" sound is serious though maybe one of the experts on here could advise,

nige

Reply to
nige