burglar alarm

I know I going to have to read up on this but maybe someone can save me a bit of time. I'm not looking for anything too sophisticated and I don't want to be a slave to the engineer that installs it. Just a basic bell box and a probably impact sensors front and back. Security lighting required at the back but I want to avoid the huge floodlight types. Would be nice if the sensitivity could be controlled by remote from indoors perhaps? Basically, I'm just trying to stop someone buying the first alarm they see. TIA

Reply to
stuart noble

Veritas are IMHO not too bad alarms.

Not sure about the lighting though. How big an area is it covering.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes, we had one of those for years, but didn't bother with it after we got a cat. ISTR the guy who fitted was some kind of genius at hiding wiring. The wireless type seem quite reliable these days but having so many things with batteries to replace could become a pain, especially the siren box. Alright if you can fish it in through the window I suppose, but does the average person want to get up a ladder to change a battery? The thinking seems to be that a box on the wall is enough to deter the average scrote.

Reply to
stuart noble

Just read this thread so may be out of date but FYI depending on budget the Risco (guardtec) CPX panel is easy to fit and has a remote (wired ) keypad will support 9 zones and has an inbuilt dialler with 4 number capability. A cheaper option is the Optima compact 6 or Veritas 8 both reliable in home use. The CPX & Optima have programamble outputs which you could relay switch to an outside light. Satchwell & CQR do a specific pir controller switching unit for outside lighting but you'll get no change out of £100 for a set up.

Radio systems (not the DIY kits) have Lithium ir> stuart noble wrote:

Yes, we had one of those for years, but didn't bother with it after we got a cat. ISTR the guy who fitted was some kind of genius at hiding wiring. The wireless type seem quite reliable these days but having so many things with batteries to replace could become a pain, especially the siren box. Alright if you can fish it in through the window I suppose, but does the average person want to get up a ladder to change a battery? The thinking seems to be that a box on the wall is enough to deter the average scrote.

Reply to
CJ