Burglar Alarm

Next door has changed hands, and they've been having work done. Including having an alarm fitted by a company who has their name on the bell box. And they've fitted that within easy reach of someone climbing up onto the ground floor window sill.

Others in the street are fitted well out of reach without a ladder.

Perhaps it doesn't matter?

I'd love to see the internal wiring to it. It's well below ceiling height, and on a wall which is plaster on brick. Cowboys?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds a bit of a bodge to me! They should be tamper proof, but if the intruder knows the particular bell box, it is usually trivial to defeat. maybe they couldn't be arsed to rout a cable up to the loft - defiantly sounds dodgy to me!! (Who are they!?)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

The average punter thinks that filling them with foam will either silence them or drop the level considerably. And any normal height person could do this easily with this one.

Most in this street tend to be situated and wired out of the first floor under floor boards level - in such a place that you'd need a ladder to reach.

I'll need to look again tomorrow. Not one of the majors, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

House next door to one I rent out in town has just had an alarm fitted, bell box is also mounted just above first floor windows. I asked why, apparently fitter was only insured to work at X (cant remember exact) height, if they wanted it fitted higher it would involve scaffolding at their expense. Although the chap did drop the cable down the cavity and do a neat job. Health and Safety, part P, were is this country heading ?

-- Mark§ This is an automatic signature of unknown origin

Reply to
Mark

It's probably 2 metres which is stated in the latest H&S as needing harnesses above this.

When I were young we ...

Reply to
Mike