Bulk LPG price

just had my first bill at my new (to me) house. to fill the tank it cost

190.35 for 705lt, at 27.00 per p(?) is this an ok price or shoul i shop around? apparently there is piped gas in the vilage now..all i need to do is convince others in the lane to go piped and i know it will be cheaper but for now i only have lpg.

steve

Reply to
R P McMurphey

Convince the others to go for piped gas. It is well worth it and increases the value of a property too in many instances.

Reply to
IMM

The question is, how long do you think the filling will last? Did the previous occupants give you any rough idea about consumption? I have not considered several properties, which were otherwise very nice, because the one thing that shrieked from the advert was "LPG central heating".

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

go for piped gas IIRC it's around one third cheaper to run.

The Q

Reply to
the q

Are you able to shop around ? If you have a Calor contract and tank most of the other providers will steer clear.

If you can persaude the others to go piped, do so. But the price will be very high and you probably won't save the same directly, but only when you sell your house at a much higher price.

We had no choice so I installed oil.

Reply to
G&M

Did you consider solar panels? A house near be has them on the roof. They look a bit unsightly, but heck, if it's free power!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

As it happens I've just been knocking up a second generation home-brewed one today worthy of Blue Peter using a double glazing panel, a reel of 10mm copper pipe, 30mm Kingspan, black paint and wood. I'll measure it's output once it stops raining !!

We had an old ugly double glazed greenhouse which I've taken apart and aim to use these DG panels for a series of solar panels across the top of one of our argicultural buildings to heat water and feed this into an upper HW cylinder which will feed the main cylinder with preheated water whenever hot water is drawn off. Also the heat can be drawn off via the heating coil to the U/F heating in the conservatory.

Am aiming to use water/glycol mix rather than anything more low temperature capable as it's cheaper and if things get really cold I'll open a stop tap and drain the liquid out until it warms up a bit.

Reply to
G&M