Buitoni pasta

Someone else who's tasted s**te.

Amazing!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I have a gadget which makes it for you - needs a Sparklets bulb.

Never use it of course.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The tendency to unstick from the pasta and stick to a white shirt is amazing though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:42e4b46f$0$28628 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

Might be made by Sparklets (or their successors), but contain nitrous oxide not carbon dioxide as in soda syphons.

Reply to
Rod

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:42e4b424$0$28626 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

Only after being told that it was by Steve.

Reply to
Rod

No it doesn't! It uses standard CO2 bulbs - the sort used in sody syphons! And it's not made by Sparklets.

Where on Earth did you get those notions?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:42e5436c$0$32464$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

1) I used to own (and use) one.

2) Carbon dioxide forms carbonic acid as it dissolves into the aqueous content of the cream - which is not the ideal way of treating cream.

3) I posted mentioning Sparklets as your post mentioned 'Sparklets bulb'.

4) Many similar products use nitrous (see

. In fact, every one I have ever seen or of which I had ever heard (before this thread) does so.

5) The squirty cream in supermarkets (or, rather, not in supermarkets as this thread has pointed out) always contains nitrous.

6) Who made the cream whipper does seem rather beside the point. Indeed, I think that Sparklets either went bust or was sold off many years ago, hence my 'or successors' rider.

7) Shouldn't that have been N2Otions?
Reply to
Rod

They're CO2 (except in the commercial ones, or American "Whippits"). CO2 works fine as a cream whipper, it just won't store well - which is why nitrous oxide is used in the commercial cream product.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks, Andy. The home-made version isn't intended for storing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Andy Dingley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I was under the impression that they were *all* nitrous. Mine was nothing special and came with nitrous. (I realise that they are the same size as carbon dioxide bulbs and could probably be substituted if anyone actually wanted to.) After much searching, I have yet to find a counter-example! Chap below might get a shock if he did:

Rod

Rod wrote in news:Xns969DE65E49372hjhjaskhkdhkdhdhdh@130.133.1.4:

I never knew all this, and we haven't got a Sainsbury's here, but in the d-i-y spirit I found some Gross Lloydman stuff at my local Somerfields; genuine bronze die stuff, and thicker and rougher (just the gear for me). I've just brewed up a little bit along with some standard "proper Italian" stuff and it's remarkable.

I could only make a little bit, as I've had me tea, and only with a bitter butter, the ornery gear was slippery, the Grossman can be picked up even coated with butter.

And the taste was amazing, I'm also sure it transferred to the cheap pasta in the pot, which tasted better than usual.

I'm beginning to wonder what I use sauce for, just salted and tossed in butter was excellent.

So it's that, (or equivalent) in future.

BTW it *is* dearer at 99p for 500g, but far from expensive.

I suggest you give it a try if it's near you - yoou never know

mike

Reply to
mike ring

If you're trying to whip cream, then you can use anything

If you're trying to make a storable can of pressurised self-whipping cream, then you need the nitrous.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

But where has it gone? A month or so back there was quite a choice, now there isn't any to choose from. Has the manufacturing plant blown up? Have they discovered something about it and aren't letting on? Or have Tesco/Morrisons fallen out with Arla Foods?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If you did (and considering this is a DIY ng) could you add some PVA glue to the sauce mix?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You can do whatever you like, I'll stick to my own recipe.

And so will my pasta :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher