Built in wardrobes

We need more clothes storage space in our bedroom and after looking at free standing wardrobes, both new and ebay, have decided to check out built in, as I want to go full height to the ceiling to give even more space. Is there anywhere I can obtain plans for aforementioned with a view to doing this myself? I'm fairly handy with most things and like most on this group, I'm looking for the best mix of quality at the least outlay - hence I fancy having a go. The way I see it, it's a frame with doors attached. Are there any firms doing materials to address this need?

Thanks

Reply to
wounded horse

Wickes have a guide leaflet and suitable components. Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Simplest way is probably to buy floor-ceiling sliding doors... go check out the Stanley range, available in Focus/B&Q etc - they have a leaflet on the shelf describing the process, and include all the bits and pieces you need. Pretty straightforward.

David

Reply to
Lobster

  1. decide on style and materials
  2. design it
  3. go get the stuff
  4. build it

Lets start with 1.......?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

In message , Al Reynolds writes

available on line normally as well

Reply to
chris French

I costed up a self-designed one, about 6'6" by 6'6" and it came to about £200. It would be cheaper if you used white melamine and stuff, but I was assuming using decently faced blockboard, louvre doors, wooden mouldings etc.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece