Built in Venturi Showers.

I'm thinking of installing a Venturi shower but I don't like most of the exposed ones so would be looking for one that can be built-in. i.e. the pipework is hidden. So far the only one that I can find that meets my requirements is the Trevi Boost.

anyone aware of any others which would do the job ?

Also, I'd like to include bodyjets if possible but I don't know whether they would be compatible with a venturi shower or not. I assume that I would need to install some kind of diverter valve after the mixer valve so that I could choose between showerhead / body jets / or possibly both. Ideally the diverter valve would have to match the look of the facia on the mixer valve.

Has anybody else done this ?

Reply to
Kevin

I bought a Trevi Boost a while back, though I haven't fitted it yet. The available pressure is going to be variable based largely on the mains cold water pressure. While this system provides a lot more pressure than many gravity fed showers, it can't be described as a power shower. When I asked the makers about the availability of fancy adjustable shower heads for this type of venturi unit, I was told that only the standard head was suitable. This was said to be because of the power limitations. I don't know how much chance you have of modifying this system to meet your requirements.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Thanks for the response Mike. I've seen some venturi showers described as giving power-shower pressure without the need for a pump but I did have my doubts. We've got very good mains water pressure and was hoping we could get a decent shower without having to mess around with the header tank or a pump. We've also already got hot and cold pipes running very close to where we want to install the shower so a venturi seems like a good option. I guess I may have to do without the body jets.

Anyone know of any other built-in venturi showers or is the Trevi Boost the only one ?

Reply to
Kevin

I bought the Trevi Boost in the expectation that it would be a useful amount more powerful than my existing gravity fed Mira shower. The fact that it didn't use electricity to produce this extra power tickled my fancy too, so I think I'm likely to be satisfied with the improvement.

You could do a Google on the "Newteam Jet Stream" which is more expensive than the Trevi Boost and may be more suitable for your requirements as a consequence. Also B&Q and their like had some less expensive plastic versions available a little while ago.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

snip

Hi Kevin

We thought body jets would be good for our new shower too so we had them installed along with back jets over the seat, and a "rain" head too, all fed from a 4 bar pump. Added pounds to the overall cost.

Do they get used? Nah. Just the flexible multi head. The rest were a complete waste. Save your money.

Reply to
Geoff Beale