Built in Oven - Fan loose? Zanussi ZBF360

Hi,

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that he thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out - electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

It's pretty easy - you just remove the oven, and the fan is bolted to a bracket at the back (under the cover).

Dunno. It's an hour's work tops.

Reply to
Grunff

I have had the fan retaining nuts fall off inside the oven cavity, just open the door, remove the shelfs and runners and fan element cover, refit fan and nut.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

In message , powerstation writes

Thanks to both yourself & Grunff for the quick advice!!

Regds

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

I wouldnt assume that it is. Anything loose can make rattling noises. If the fan has stopped running, you'll need a new element too. Elements and fans arent hard to fit, remove the back internally or externally, depending on design, and replace any faulty bit. Check the connectors too, as theyre running at very high temps, so can easily burn up, work loose or oxidise.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Richard Faulkner submitted this idea :

It happened with our too, not a Zanussi though.

Very easy... It will probably need to be lifted out, the back cover removed, then the fan plus motor. In our case it was simply the nut which had become loose holding the fan onto the motor shaft.

About an hours work, how much would that cost? (DIY forum :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well when my dishwasher went wrong recently there was a minimum charge of 60 GBP for a Proper Bosch Engineer, which bought 30 mins of time; thereafter about 1 GBP/min IIRC. So I expect something comparable to that.

Have you found an official Zanussi support website? they aften have exploded parts diagrams etc.

Try:

(or ) for advice,
for spares (never used them myself)

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Lobster writes

Yes

No

they send you to their service bunch, (Service Force), who have manuals, but nothing to do with parts and fitting them.

Cant find the part for this oven, but we'll probably take the back off if we can, and see how things look.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Many years ago. we had a Creda Europa fan oven - OK until its motor went noisily erratic, its shaft almost seized up - I shut oven down, and it turned out it needed new bearings (sent free of charge in the good old days). Removed back cover, extracted motor after removing guard and unlocking internal fan nut - rebuilt induction motor. After that repair, it lasted 2.5 years. Meantime, new elements for eye-level grill were fitted easily. The second time, the fan motor slowed and jammed fast, so -unwitnessed- the oven element then overheated due to no over-temperature fail-safe, and we were obliged to skip the whole unit. Hope your ZE moving parts are fixable. Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

take multimeter with you so its not a watsed journey. With that it shouldnt be hard to find the problem. Find parts by eg googling for the oven model no and element etc. No reason the replacement need be made by zanussi.

NT

Reply to
meow2222